Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Zesty Chicken Pasta

This a super easy dish that even my kids like! (And if they are being picky, I can serve different parts of the recipe to them). As a busy mom trying to keep her kids eating healthy foods, I try to find ways to use lots of fresh vegetables in my dishes; the red peppers have lots of Vitamin A. When I make this for company, people always ask for the recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pound of rotini (uncooked)
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces; I do this the night before)
  • 2 red peppers, chopped (I use yellow and orange if that is what I can find; I chop these up the night before as well)
  • 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
  • 1 T chilli powder
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Cook pasta.
  2. Heat oil in large skillet.
  3. Add chicken. Cook and stir 6 minutes.
  4. Add peppers, dressing, chilli powder; cook 3 minutes.
  5. Stir in salsa and sour cream.
  6. Toss pasta with chicken mixture.
  7. Sprinkle with cheese.

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 30 minutes
Source: Kraft Family & Food