Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings

My family loved this hearty meal! It was great for a cold, rainy December day.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cans of cream of chicken condensed soup
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom condensed soup (the original recipe I originally found called for cr. of celery but I couldn't find it at Aldi and wasn't hauling the three kids anywhere else; this has worked really well so I'm not messing with it)
  • 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 3 carrots, chopped (to make it easier, I use 16 prewashed baby carrots and cut in thirds)
  • 3 stalks of celery, chopped
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 chicken bullion cube
  • 1 can of refrigerated biscuits
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Add chicken to slow cooker; top with vegetables and soups.
  2. Add the chicken broth and bullion cube.
  3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
  4. Near the end of cooking time, tear the biscuit dough and drop into slow cooker. They are done when they are not doughy in the middle (I just took some out and tasted it)
Note: I try to spread my meals over two days. This recipe thickens up over time, so I cook 1 pound of rotini which I top with the chicken dish. The next day, the meal is great by itself or can be a real treat in a sour dough bread bowl.


DIFFICULTY: Easy
TIME: Prep 20 minutes
SOURCE: Adapted from Crock Pot Girls


No comments:

Post a Comment