Saturday, December 17, 2011

Easy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

One of the cooking shows I enjoy watching when I get the chance is Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. She makes delicious foods and has a lot of good shortcuts for a busy mom like me. I started looking for Macadamia cookie recipes when my brother requested that I make him some for Christmas...I quickly got over the "I have three kids buy your own cookies!" fit I had when I found this easy recipe.

INGREDIENTS:
  • One package sugar cookie mix
  • One egg
  • One stick of butter (melted)
  • 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips (she recommended melting and drizzling, but I am never very good with fine detail work like that, so I threw them in the dough)
  • Yields-3 dozen 2 inch cookies
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Combine all ingredients except white chocolate chips in large mixing bowl.
  2. Stir until soft dough forms.
  3. Add chips.
  4. Stir.
  5. Drop by rounded tablespoon on ungreased cookie sheet.
  6. Bake 13-15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown
Difficulty: Easy
Time: 15 minutes prep; baking time 15 minutes per cookie sheet
Source: adapted from Foodnetwork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment