Monday, January 23, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

What is there not to love about chocolate and peanut butter (provided, of course, you aren't dealing with peanut allergies)?  When I was pregnant with my first child, I failed my quick glucose tolerance test and had to take the dreaded four hour test (which I did pass).  I swear I failed because the test was right near Halloween and I had definitely bought my Halloween candy too far in advance.  Reece's Peanut Butter Cups are my absolute weakness.  Needless to say, it is a good thing that I didn't discover this super easy recipe sooner.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup hot fudge topping + some additional to drizzle on top
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1-1/4 cup cold milk
  • 2 pkg (3.4 oz each) of vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 1 tub of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Spread the hot fudge topping on the bottom of the graham cracker crust and freeze for about ten minutes.
  2. Beat the peanut butter and milk in a large bowl until well blended.  Add pudding mixes; beat two minutes (will be thick).
  3. Stir half of the whipped topping into the pudding/peanut butter mixture; spoon into crust.
  4. Spread the remaining whipped topping over top.
  5. Refrigerate 3 hours, or until firm.  Drizzle with additional hot fudge topping before serving.
Difficulty: Easy as pie.  (Yes, I said it.)
Time: About 15-20 minutes prep, 3 hours to chill.
Source:  kraftfoods.com

No comments:

Post a Comment