Monday, January 9, 2012

Spanish Chicken

I found this slow cooker recipe from my dad! He is an amazing cook and enjoys finding new recipes online, in books, and on tv. This recipe has a bit more ingredients than I like and it does make me head to the store...but it is worth it. This meal comes out of the crock pot and tastes like you worked in the kitchen for hours.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 inch thickness)
  • 1 pound of turkey Italian sausages (1 inch pieces)
  • 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
  • 3 cups rice (cooked)
  • 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
  • 1 can sliced black olives
  • 1 t crushed red pepper
  • 1 can artichoke hearts
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato paste
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Mix all ingredients, except artichoke hearts, olives, and rice.
  2. Cover on low for 6-8 hours.
  3. Stir in artichoke hearts and olives during last 30 minutes.
  4. Serve with rice.
Difficulty: Medium (mostly because all the ingredients are not readily in my house)
Time: 15 minute prep, 6-8 hours cooking
Source: my dad

No comments:

Post a Comment