Thursday, March 29, 2012

Honey Ginger Carrots

My kids love to eat carrots. We usually just eat them raw and only have them as an "official" side dish on holidays when my grandmother prepares them. Christmas carrots must have a cup of sugar and butter in them; I tried to make a healthier version for my family. These carrots were perfect. The lemon juice gives a wonderful fresh taste.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pound carrots, sliced
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 1/2 T honey
  • 1 pinch of ground ginger
  • 1 T lemon juice (I used the juice from a small lemon)
DIRECTIONS:

  1. Boil water. Add carrots. Cook about 5 minutes (you may cook longer but we like ours to be crunchy)
  2. In a skillet, melt butter with honey. Stir in ginger and lemon juice.
  3. Stir in carrots. Heat through.
Difficulty: Easy
Time:15 minutes
Source: I found this pinned from Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment