Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oreo Bombs

While I was shopping this morning, I saw a huge display of Oreo cookies celebrating their 100th birthday. This seemed as good an excuse as any to buy a bag of cookies. Oreos don't last long in our house. I figured I speed up the process by making these no-bake Oreo treats using only 3 ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 package of Oreo cookies
  • 4-6 ounces of softened cream cheese
  • white chocolate (I used 1 bar plus some leftover white chocolate chips)
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Crush Oreos using a food processor, mini-chopper, or your kids with a freezer bag and rolling pin. (I used a mini-chopper doing 6 cookies at a time).
  2. Set aside Oreo crumbs; reserve a bit for topping.
  3. Mix crumbs with softened cream cheese. I found between 4-6 ounces worked well to allow me roll the ball easily.
  4. Roll into 1 inch balls. Set on cookie tray. Put in freezer for about 10 minutes.
  5. Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave per directions.
  6. Dip cookies. Set on cookie tray covered in wax paper. Used reserved crumbs to garnish top of cookie.
  7. Place tray in freezer to allow cookie to set.
Difficulty: Easy
Time: Start to finish about 40 minutes
Source: My daughter's teacher

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment